Sorrento is situated on the west coast of Italy, twenty miles south of the city of Naples, on the spectacular Amalfi Coast.
Within easy reach of Sorrento are the:
- stunning islands of Capri and Ischia;
- baroque splendor of Naples;
- majestic Greek temples at Paestum;
- historic Roman ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum;
- world-famous collection at the National Archaeological Museum in Naples;
- cliff hanging villages of the Amalfi Coast (i.e. Positano, Amalfi and Ravello);
- world’s best known volcano, Mount Vesuvius.
- A safe, walkable and picturesque center of international tourism with an international population;
- A small town yet with a cosmopolitan feel;
- Friendly, gracious people; southern hospitality, Italian style;
- Elegant hotels and quaint, family-owned restaurants;
- Bustling shopping streets and quiet, stone-paved alleyways;
- A mild, sun-drenched Mediterranean climate;
- Culinary traditions based on the fruit of the sea, and on locally grown produce;
- Streets lined with lemon and orange tress; hillsides covered with olive groves and vineyards;
- A meeting place for artists, writers, musicians, architects, philosophers, poets and religious figures from around the globe;
- Home to some of the best pizza and gelato you will find anywhere.