The teaching method of the school is based on the most modern techniques of teaching Italian as a second language and it develops the 4 practical skills: listening, reading, writing and speaking.
All the teachers are highly qualified and specialized in teaching Italian L2.
Sant'Anna Institute offers individual and group Italian language courses, as well as tailor-made programs for students with particular requirements (e.g. preparation for enrolment at an Italian university, Italian for business… ), online Italian lessons, cultural courses (e.g. cookery, ceramics, literature, art… ), and teacher training programs, all in the friendly, sun-kissed town of Sorrento.
As well as traditional classroom methods of education, Sant'Anna Institute offers all students the chance to put their knowledge into practice through full immersion in an Italian environment. We consider constant contact with mother –tongue speakers to be of vital importance for a true understanding of our language and customs.
Our students' training includes constant assessment of the level of learning, using tests and exams to check progress, feedback sessions, and actual level achieved. Once the course is over, we will provide students with a certificate of attendance and instructions so that they can carry on their studies on their own.
you will participate fully in Italian
Why learn italian in Italy?
your goal will be to learn true Italian. It will be a natural and quickly moving learning experience because during the course, you will actually live in Italy.You will be immersed in the culture while listening to, reading and speaking only Italian for the entire day. In turn, you will make rapid progress, both inside and outside the classroom. This participation represents the best method of approach to quickly strengthen your abilities to practice the language and at the same time to understand the emotions related to certain words.
Sant’Anna Institute organizes extracurricular activities for its students, as opportunities to improve their knowledge of culture and Italian language while having fun:
• COFFEE BREAKS: occasions to speak in Italian that became a meeting point for all the students and teachers of different classes to get know each other better.
• COOKING LESSONS: the most entertaining activity! We cook and eat together the tipical dishes of the Italian cuisine.
• GUIDED VISITS: tours to discover the Sorrento Peninsula, the Amalfi Coast, Pompeii, Naples, Capri and Mount Vesuvius and the extraordinary Italian culture.
• ACTIVITY ON ITALIAN MUSIC: to get familiar with the Italian pop music.
• FILM SCREENINGS: Italy through the stories of the famous directors, connecting listening and comprehension.
• QUIZ ON ITALIAN CULTURE AND ACTUALITY: a classic game to discover the culture and history of Italy.
• PHONETICS LESSON: to improve pronunciation, avoiding common mistakes.
• LESSONS ON VOCABULARY: to discover common sayings and special Italian expressions.
• SPECIAL LESSONS ON GRAMMAR: focusing on the most difficult grammatical topics, offering the possibility to exercise through practice and targeted materials.
- You can choose from the following alternatives:
..to be able to communicate, deal with the most common, everyday situations..
Students of Sant'Anna Institute enjoy:
Life in Sorrento, Housing, Italian Study Visa, Italian Bank Account, Excursions & Field Trip, Sant'Anna Card...