homemade frittata with pumpkin
October and November are the months in which we enjoy cooking pumpkins (yes in Italy too!) and yesterday night I prepared it using the recipe of my grandmother.
Old recipes are always the best, do you agree?
Ecco la Ricetta della Frittata con la zucca - homemade frittata with pumpkin! Incredibly easy and tasty!!!
Buon appetito and Enjoy!!!
1) Put the pumpkin’s slices into a sealable bag and add the flour. Seal the bag and shake it so all the slices are coated in the flour.
2) Take a pan and put inside a little extra virgin oil. Gently crush the garlic slices with the flat side of a knife and put all into the pan. Cook them with medium heat until they turns golden and add the pumpkin previously floured.
3) Continue to cook regularly stirring, taking care the pumpkin turns golden and well cooked. Remove all the garlic cloves from the pan and salt the pumpkin.
4) Season the whipped egg with salt and pepper, then pour in the pan with pumpkin. Swirl the pan so there is a even layer of egg and prick any air bubbles.
5) Cook the omelette and flip it to the other side when it turns golden. Once both sides are well cooked tip out onto a serving plate and serve thick slices with bread.